I gave this presentation at the 2015 SLC|SEM Digital Marketing Conference. I'm always grateful to have the opportunity to speak at conferences and the folks who run SLC|SEM are great people.
The deck outlines some of the biggest mistakes I felt I made/contributed to, during the recent DeseretBook.com replatforming project that has consumed me for the past year.
- No Dedicated QA or stable staging environment
- Performance / load testing was not performed on checkout
- Marketing team didn't have a good understanding of the new promotions engine
- Didn't obsess over old external and internal links
- Didn't understand the SEO impact when switching from http to https
See the original presentation below.
Some tweets from the conference: